TIME’S TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2009:
1. Brad Paisley, American Saturday Night
2. Dirty Projectors, Bitte Orca
3. Mastodon, Crack The Skye
4. Miranda Lambert, Revolution
5. Phoenix, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
6. The-Dream, Love vs. Money
7. Raekwon, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Pt. II
8. Grizzly Bear, Veckatimest
9. The Avett Brothers, I And Love And You
10. Lady Gaga, The Fame Monster
REALLY TIME? REALLY? It seems strange to see such a mix of artist, without a rhyme or reason as to why it was these artists and the order in which they appear. It is hard to justify a list with Brad Paisley as #1 followed by The Dirty Projectors and Mastodon. It makes the list incredibly obtuse in the sense that I don't know if any music listener would find all ten of these album simultaneously appealing.
Instead I provide for you my own list, a multi-part series with an insight into why I picked what I did. I will choose not to have a numerical order, rather just try to showcase what has been blowing up my speakers this year.